My mobile setup
- Get yourself a Static Site Generator. Any one will do. I like Metalsmith.
- Build yourself a blog with it. I‘ve made a blog template already called Groundwork which you can use if you like.
- Host the blog’s repository somewhere like GitHub.
- Now you can write Markdown text files on your mobile phone and push it to your git repo when you have an internet connection. Super low bandwidth.
- Keyboard: Who’d a thunk an ex-Linux user like me would have bought something Microsoft? But I did, the Microsoft Universal Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard, only £30ish and very nicely designed.
- Stand: I bought a £7 UGREEN phone holder. It works well.
- iPhone protection: the Anker Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector, £5ish, nice. And the Apple Silicone Back Cover Case, nice BUT £30, ouch.
- Editor: Textastic for iOS. £10, definitely worth it. I set up a Markdown
Frontmatter template if you’re interested (read docs to find out how to create templates for Textastic).
- Git client: Working Copy. It’s a bit odd coming from using git on the command line but it works and seems pretty comprehensive and slick.